Being asked to give a toast at a wedding is one of the most honoring yet nerve wracking things. Speaking in front of large crowds is difficult, especially when there is so much expectation weighing on you. A great amount of time and effort goes into having the perfect wedding and the toast is certainly a huge part of the couple’s special day. Here are some things you can do to ensure your toast is all you want it to be.
1. Practice makes perfect. As cliche as this is, practicing your speech will ensure that you are familiar and comfortable with it.
2. Keep it short and sweet. Be sure to honor the bride and groom completely and fully, but do not let your toast turn into a drawn out speech. You want to keep the guests engaged.
3. Be sure to reminisce on the early stages of their relationship and celebrate the new season they have entered into. Share some memories that the couple holds near and dear. Honor where they have been and rejoice with them as they walk into their new beginning.
4. After you write your first draft, step away from the toast for a few days. Come back to what you have written later and you will be able to analyze it more clearly and see what you might have highlighted too much or what you have missed.
5. Speak from your heart. Don’t feel like you have to stick to a prescribed outline. Speak about the things that make you excited for the couple. This will truly bring your toast to life.
Our purpose at Weddings in Athens is to show the outstanding selection of Athens, Georgia wedding vendors such as wedding photographers, videographers, florists, wedding planners and venues. We hope that our information will be helpful to you as your plan your Athens, Georgia wedding. Please contact Weddings in Athens if you would like to have your listing added. Please follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/weddingsinathens.