Photo by Blane Marable
Your wedding is just around the corner and it’s finally time for your bachelorette weekend – but what is there to do? Lucky for you, Athens has activities, restaurants, bars, and shops that will never leave you bored.
Dinner & Drinks: Some Options
Although a college town, Athens is home to some excellent restaurants. Here are a few options that will surely satisfy your tastebuds, party size, and occasion.
- Chucks Fish: Chuck’s Fish Opened its location in Athens last year and ever since then has become one of the most desired restaurants to eat at due to the wide variety in the menu (seafood, sushi, and much more), outdoor seating, and specialty cocktails. Chuck’s Fish never disappoints.
- Last Resort: Last Resort has been an attraction in Athens since the 1960s. Although a club when first opened, Last Resort now not only features a Southwestern-inspired southern cuisine, but a newly opened outdoor patio.
Both of these phenomenal restaurants are centrally located in downtown Athens and in the midst of the bar scene!
Guests in town? Hyatt Place and The Springhill Suites are both located downtown Athens.
ARTini’s Art Lounge: ARTini’s offers a space for artistic expression and libations (available for purchase). If you choose to book a private event at ARTini’s, you will be allotted a 3-hour block and a variety of stencils to paint. Check out their website for more information here.
Shop: If you’re looking for more to do on Saturday, be sure to check out the shops in Downtown Athens or visit Sugar Polish for mani-pedis.
Sundays go hand in hand with bottomless mimosas. Here are a few Sunday brunch spots that feature the most delectable mimosas.
- Starland: the go-to pizza joint in Athens
- Five: notoriously known for five options on every menu (hence the name), FIVE has mimosas by the pitcher – and an excellent brunch menu
- South Kitchen & Bar: Chicken & waffles, pancakes, or eggs benedict with a side of mimosa. What more could you ask for?
Our purpose at Weddings in Athens is to show the outstanding selection of Athens, Georgia wedding vendors such as wedding photographers, videographers, florists, wedding planners and venues. We hope that our information will be helpful to you as you plan your Athens, Georgia wedding. Please contact Weddings in Athens if you would like to have your listing added. Please follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/weddingsinathens.